Katherine Daniel ~ Editor in Chief
This weekend is my 21st Birthday! My birthday was on a Sunday this year, so I could not get too lit since I had class the next day. My weekend has been very busy with taking photos for my photography business and also going to the annual Lake Country Crusher’s (old travel ball team) picnic. I got to play a slow pitch softball game on my birthday and got to see all of my old teammates. It was a lot of fun. My birthday was surrounded by my old teammates and family and that was really fun. Here are some ideas to do for your birthday when you turn 21.
- Go to Bold Rock. Bold Rock is always a good place to go for your 21st birthday. You can taste test different drinks and figure out which ciders you like. I love the green apple, but that is the only one I have tried so far. I cannot wait to go to Bold Rock next weekend with a group of friends and taste different types of ciders that they make.
- Go to an amusement park. Being that my birthday is around Halloween, Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens were still doing Halloween stuff this weekend. It would have been fun to go to, but I did not have enough time to do that. Maybe next year.
- Go have a spa day. Going to the spa is always a wonderful, relaxing time. This is something that I love to do, especially around times when I am stressed with school work and work-work. Go have a relaxing massage and dream those stresses away.
- Go bowling with the fam. I love bowling. Back at home, we have a bowling alley at the Lake Country Center and it is really fun to go to on Friday nights because they turn on the music and the black lights. When they turn the black lights on, you glow in the dark and it is really fun.
- Go do laser tag. Laser tag has always been one of my favorites, especially the glow in the dark ones.
- Go skydiving. Now, I have never been skydiving, but this is on my list of things to do. I have had friends go skydiving on their 21st birthday, so if you want to go jump out of a plane for your birthday, then go for it.
- Go to a movie. If you want something more relaxing, then you can go to a movie for your birthday with a bunch of friends. That is always fun to pick a movie you want to see. Also, some movie theaters have alcohol, so you could drink and watch a movie.
- Go roller skating. I have only been roller skating once in my life, but I think it would be pretty fun to go roller skating on my 21st birthday. But, I would not want to drink before I go because I might fall on my butt if I did that.
- Pop some champagne. Pop some champagne on your birthday and drink some mimosas. This is always fun to do with a group of your friends. Just hang out at the house and have a fun time.
- Get balloons and a birthday cake. Have a photo session with balloons that are the numbers 21 and a birthday cake. Do a photo shoot and post those pics to your Instagram and Facebook.