College Life: 8 Fall Date Ideas for You and Your Significant Other
Katherine Daniel ~ Editor in Chief
Now that it is the fall season, there are so many things that you can do with your significant other. You could do a quick date night, get away weekend, or a day out. Here are some ideas that you can do this fall.
- Go to a pumpkin patch. Pumpkin patches are always so fun to go to. You can pick out a pumpkin together while you are there, feed the farm animals, go on a hayride, and take some cute pictures together with the props that the farm has. It is really fun and cheap for college students to do!
- Carve a pumpkin. If you are looking to do something at home, you can always go get a pumpkin and carve one. This is another cheap idea for college students. You can carve you and your significant other’s initials into the pumpkin, put a face on it, or even carve your college’s logo into a pumpkin.
- Go apple picking. You can go to take a trip and pick apples at an orchard in the mountains one weekend with your significant other. Maybe drink some apple cider while you are on the trip. You could go to the orchard in Charlottesville one weekend on a double date with your significant other and your best friend and her boyfriend.
- Bake a fall dessert. Nothing beats making a scrumptious dessert with your significant other while watching your favorite movie or TV show. To have that warm smell lingering in the air just makes you think of fall. You can make an apple pie, blueberry pie, or pumpkin pie. Some other desserts that you can make are caramel corn or caramel apples.
- Go to a corn maze. Go on a nice dinner and to a corn maze. Nothing beats trying to figure your way out of a corn maze one evening. Sometimes it can be frustrating at night, but do not panic: you will both get out.
- Go hiking. Go hiking in the mountains one weekend and enjoy the scenery. In the fall, the leaves’ colors look so pretty when you go hiking. Plus, you can always take cute mountain pictures together for Instagram.
- Watch Halloween movies. Pick a favorite Halloween movie and watch it with your significant other. Maybe it is Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown, but get a blanket, snuggle up, and make some warm sugar cookies to snack on and have a great date night at home with your significant other.
- Go to a haunted attraction. I always love to go to Kings Dominion’s Halloween Haunt with my significant other and his friends. It is always so much fun. Take a group of friends and your significant other and go to Scaremare in Lynchburg or if you want to take a day, go to Kings Dominion or Busch Gardens one weekend, and get your scare on!
Well, those are my ideas, so have fun on those fall dates!!